Experience the Backhoe Loader designed around customer feedback. The Cat 430F2 Backhoe Loader puts all the machine controls at the operator's fingertips. Operate all auxiliary controls with thumb rollers. Move from job site to job site quickly and smoothly with the additional 6th gear on the autoshift transmission and optional lock-up torque converter.
- Standard & Optional Equipment
A cab designed for maximum comfort and productivity.
The ergonomic, automotive style operator station helps you work comfortably and productively all day long. Choose the configuration that meets your needs – Canopy, Cab Deluxe or Cab Deluxe with Air Conditioning. Other features include:
- Adjustable air suspension seat
- Tilt and telescoping steering column
- Excellent visibility over hood and up to bucket dump
- Pantograph windshield wiper
- Large front windshield screen
- Large LCD gauge cluster screen
- Ample legroom
- Optional heated seat
- Differential lock button on loader lever
- Large opening windows
- Solid roof cab
- LED brake lights
The optional Ride Control System smoothes the ride in all conditions, including load and carry, highway roading or simply moving around the job site. This results in increased operator comfort and improved material retention and facilitates a reduction in operator fatigue.
The pattern selector switch, located in the cab, lets you change from an excavator to a backhoe control pattern simply by pressing a button. This lets you use the pattern you are most comfortable with so you can be more productive.
Premium Gauge Cluster
Bright and large LCD screen makes it easy to monitor machine operation and settings. LED indicator lights and audible alarms allow the machine to clearly communicate with the operator.
Safety Getting in and out of the Cab
New longer grab handles and ergonomic step placement makes it easy to maintain three points of contact when getting in and out of the cab.
Cat Backhoe Loader joysticks are economically designed to provide precise control with low effort. Loader control levers on both the Single Tilt and Integrated Toolcarrier models offer a thumb roller for any 3rd function auxiliary. The differential lock control is newly located on the loader control to bring controllability to the operator’s fingertips. New on the IT model is the forward, neutral, reverse control switch.
Powerful front loader.
Powerful Single Tilt Loader Linkage
- Delivers strong lift and breakout forces for a solid performance in backfilling and truck loading applications with pin-on buckets.
- Optional third function hydraulics are now operated by an ergonomically designed thumb roller.
- The operator can now engage the differential lock with a press of a button on the loader lever for added machine control.
Front loader arms deliver more reach, dump height and breakout. Choose the loader linkage that suits your application:
Integrated Toolcarrier (IT) loader linkage (optional) provides high breakout forces with parallel lift for efficient loading and material handling:
- The versatile integrated toolcarrier comes with a standard hydraulic quick coupler and can use a wide range of Cat Work Tools for a variety of applications.
- The single lever IT loader control provides fine modulation of hydraulic work tools. A thumb roller operates auxiliary hydraulic functions on work tools such as multi purpose buckets, brooms and other attachments.
- The IT loader lever provides additional machine control by offering the Forward, Neutral and Reverse control switch at the operator’s fingertips.
Do more jobs with one machine.
Backhoe Work Tools
Increase the versatility of your machine with the large selection of backhoe attachments:
- Buckets – Standard Duty, Heavy Duty, Heavy Duty Rock, Soil Excavation, Coral and Ditch Cleaning
- Cold Planers
- Thumbs (mechanical and hydraulic)
- Vibratory Plate Compactors
- Quick Couplers
Backhoe Quick Coupler
Manual or hydraulic backhoe couplers make rear tool exchange quick and easy. New Cat dual lock coupler has a self-adjusting wedge design to ensure a tight fit. It also features a safety lock that automatically engages.
Loader Work Tools
A wide range of loader attachments is available including:
- Buckets – General Purpose, Multi Purpose, Side Dump and Light Material
- Angle Blades
- Material Handling Arms
- Snow Plows
IT Loader Quick Coupler
The quick coupler allows fast and easy connection to work tools. Mechanical work tools can be changed in less than 30 seconds from the comfort of the operator station.
Unmatched support makes the difference.
Renowned Dealer Support
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide the best in sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Operator training to help boost your profits
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
Easy maintenance helps keep your machine working.
Minimize Your Downtime
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Hinged cooling pack provides easy access
- Tilt up hood provides easy, convenient access to all engine check points
- Engine side panels remove easily without the use of tools
- Cat Product Link™ system (optional) provides remote reporting of machine location and operating system parameters
Always built for performance, power and efficiency.
The Cat C4.4 ACERT engine operates quietly while delivering performance and durability. The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards. Engine features include:
- Selective catalytic reduction
- Diesel oxidation catalyst
- Diesel exhaust fluid with system purge
- Limited operator interaction
The standard power shuttle transmission provides four speeds forward and reverse. Hydraulically shifted clutches allow on-the-go direction and travel speed shifts. The optional auto-shift transmission matches gear with grade and load conditions. Now with six forward and reverse speeds, the machine can reach top speeds smoothly and quickly.
- The new optional lock-up torque converter, offered on the autoshift transmission, improves fuel efficiency up to 20% over the standard six gear autoshift. The lock-up torque converter also improves roading for long distances and with uphill climbs.
- Hydraulic proportional control valves deliver smooth speed and directional shifts.
- Standard Four Wheel Drive improves mobility and loader performance in poor underfoot conditions and can be activated on-the-go.
- Maximum roading speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) improves travel time between job sites.
Brake Mode Selector
Brake mode selector switch is standard on the 430F2 and has three positions: two wheel drive, two wheel drive with all wheel braking and four wheel drive. Two wheel drive with all wheel braking provides better tire life while roading and engages the front axle when brakes are applied for improved braking performance.
Matching system power to job site demands.
Load Sensing Hydraulics
Closed center hydraulic system matches pressure and flow to application demand. Whether you’re in full trenching mode or digging around delicate services, you remain in control. In applications such as production trenching where speed is important, the system will provide the flow needed to get the job done quickly and efficiently. The load sensing hydraulic system provides:
- Better fuel efficiency
- Electronically controlled
- Quieter operation
- Reduced component wear
- Cooler hydraulic temperatures
- Full forces at any engine speed
Flow Sharing Valves
Specifically tuned hydraulic valves allow for the multifunction of hydraulic components, without machine manipulation. Hydraulic fluid is shared between implements so that operation isn’t interrupted.
Combination two way and one way flow hydraulic lines add versatility to the machine. By simply changing the lever position, the machine can efficiently run either style hydro mechanical tool.
Cat Backhoe Loaders are able to reduce engine speed to 1,900 rpm while maintaining superior hydraulic power and performance.
Superior digging forces.
Programmable Auxiliary Flow Control
- Three auxiliary settings for two auxiliary functions
- Accessed through the gauge cluster, operators can match the hydraulic flow of the machine to a work tool attachment
Thumb mounting provisions are standard on every Cat Backhoe Loader for added machine versatility. Cat hydraulic thumbs are available for even greater versatility. Mechanical thumbs are also available through your Cat dealer.
The excavator-style boom is built for optimum performance and durability. The curved design provides added clearance when digging over obstacles or loading trucks. The narrow boom enhances the viewing area to the bucket and the trench throughout the operating range. More robust swing casting and double clevis design improves durability and reliability.
Serrated edges on the stick provide improved material clamping for clearing and demolition applications. The optional extendible stick (E-stick) increases reach and dig depth by approximately 1.2 m (4 ft).
Engine Model (Standard) Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Gross Power - SAE J1995 117 hp Net Power - ISO 9249 115 hp Gross Power - ISO 14396 108 hp Net Power - EEC 80/1269 109 hp Bore 109 in Stroke 110 in Displacement 111 in3 Net Peak Power @ 1,800 rpm - EEC 80/1269 111 hp Net Peak Power @ 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 4.13 hp Net Peak Power @ 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349 5 hp Net Torque Rise @ 1400 rpm - Standard 268 % Net Peak Torque @ 1400 rpm - Standard - SAE J1349 lb ft Net Power - SAE J1349 108 hp Dig Depth - Standard 15.4 ft Operating Weight - Nominal 17141 lb Cab, ROPS/FOPS 24251 lb Auto-Shift Transmission 525 lb Ride Control 31 lb Four Wheel Drive 93 lb Loader, IT w/QC 1642 lb Extendible Stick (no weights) 93 lb Air Conditioning 673 lb Counterweights (Option 1) 1642 lb Counterweights (Option 2) 673 lb Counterweights (Option 3) 1015 lb Operating Weight - Maximum 24251 lb Circuit Type Closed Center Pump Capacity (@ 2200 rpm) 43 gal/min System Pressure - Backhoe 3600 psi System Pressure - Loader 3600 psi Pump Type 3600 Power-Shuttle, Forward 1st 3.4 mph Forward 2nd 5.6 mph Forward 3rd 13 mph Forward 4th 25 mph Power-Shuttle, Reverse 1st 3.4 mph Reverse 2nd 5.6 mph Reverse 3rd 13 mph Reverse 4th 25 mph Auto-Shift (opt), Forward 1st 3.6 mph Forward 2nd 5.7 mph Forward 3rd 7 mph Forward 4th 12 mph Forward 5th 16 mph Auto-Shift (opt), Reverse 1st 25 mph Reverse 2nd 3.6 mph Reverse 3rd 7.6 mph Front Axle, 2WD, Static 50582 lb Dynamic 20233 lb Front Axle, 4WD, Static 50582 lb Dynamic 20233 lb Rear Axle, Static 50582 lb Dynamic 20233 lb Cooling System 5.9 gal Fuel Tank 42 gal Engine Oil w/Filter 5 gal Transmission-Torque Converter, 4WD, Power Shuttle 2.3 gal Rear Axle 4 gal Rear Axle, Planetaries 4.4 gal Front Axle, 4WD 0.4 gal Front Axle, Planetaries 2.9 gal Hydraulic System 0.2 gal Hydraulic Tank 0.2 gal Transmission-Torque Converter, 4WD, Auto Shift 25.1 gal Net Power - SAE J1349 108 HP Bore 4.13 in Stroke 5 in Displacement 268 in³ Rated Net Power - 2,200 rpm - SAE J1349 108 HP Net Peak Power - 1,800 rpm - EEC 80/1269 111 HP Net Torque Rise - 1,400 rpm - SAE J1349 Net Peak Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 111 HP Rated Net Power - 2,200 rpm - ISO 9249 109 HP Gross Power - ISO 14396 115 HP Net Peak Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349 110 HP Gross Power - SAE J1995 117 HP Engine Model Rated Net Power - 2,200 rpm - EEC 80/1269 109 HP Operating Weight - Maximum 24251 lb Cab - ROPS/FOPS 359 lb Four Wheel Drive 673 lb Counterweights - Option 1 255 lb Air Conditioning 93 lb Operating Weight - Maximum - ROPS Capacity 24251 lb MP Bucket (0.96 m3/1.25 yd3) - No Forks or Teeth 1642 lb Extendible Stick 673 lb Dig Depth - Standard 15.4 ft Note Net Peak Torque - 1,400 rpm 360 ft-lb Pump Type System Pressure - Loader 3600 psi Pump Capacity at 2,200 rpm 43 gal/min System Pressure - Backhoe 3600 psi Type Power Shuttle Transmission - Reverse 4th 25 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Forward 3rd 13 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Reverse 3rd 13 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Forward 1st 3.4 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Reverse 2nd 5.6 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Reverse 1st 3.4 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Forward 2nd 5.6 mile/h Power Shuttle Transmission - Forward 4th 25 mile/h Fuel Tank 42 gal (US) Rear Axle 4.4 gal (US) Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)* 5 gal (US) Rear Axle - Planetaries 0.4 gal (US) Cooling System with Air Conditioning 5.9 gal (US) Transmission - Power Shuttle - 2WD 2.3 gal (US) Front Axle (4WD) - Planetaries 0.2 gal (US) Engine Oil - With Filter 2.3 gal (US) Hydraulic System 25.1 gal (US) Front Axle (4WD) 2.9 gal (US) Transmission - Power Shuttle - 4WD 4 gal (US) Rear Axle - Dynamic 20233 lb Front Axle (2WD) - Static 50582 lb Front Axle (2WD) - Dynamic 20233 lb Rear Axle - Static 50582 lb Front Axle (4WD) - Static 50582 lb Front Axle (4WD) - Dynamic 20233 lb Counterweights - Option 2 530 lb Counterweights - Option 3 1015 lb Hydraulic Tank 10.6 gal (US) Cab - ROPS Feature (5) Feature (8) Feature (5) Stroke 4.7 in Choice 2 Feature (1) Feature (2) Dig Depth - E-Stick Extended 19.5 ft Rod Diameter 1.4 in Choice 3 Feature (12) Feature (14) Feature (11) Feature (10) Feature (15) Rated Net Power - SAE J1349 108 HP Feature (7) Note (1) Feature (3) Choice 4 Axle Oscillation Rated Net Power - ISO 9249 109 HP Feature (3) Bore 2.6 in Feature (9) Feature (6) Type Cab - FOPS Feature (1) Choice 1 Feature (4) Feature (2) Cab - Sound Power Steering Feature (4) Feature (13) Note (2) Brakes Exterior Sound Ride Control 31 lb Auto-Shift Transmission 525 lb Loader, IT with Quick Coupler 699 lb Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 6th 25 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 1st 3.6 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Reverse 2nd 7.6 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 4th 12 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 5th 16 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 2nd 5.7 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Reverse 1st 3.6 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Forward 3rd 7 mile/h Diesel Exhaust Fluid* 5 gal (US) Transmission - Auto-Shift - 4WD 4.8 gal (US) Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Reverse - 1st 3.6 mile/h Auto-Shift - Optional - Reverse 3rd 17 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 6th 25 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 2nd 5.7 mile/h Turning Circle - 4WD (inner wheel not braked) - Outside, Widest Loading Bucket 36 ft Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 5th LUC 15 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 1st 3.6 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 4th 12 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 3rd 7 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Reverse - 3rd 17 mile/h Axle Oscillation Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 6th LUC 25 mile/h Turning Circle - 4WD (inner wheel not braked) - Outside, Front Wheels 26.8 ft Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Reverse - 2nd 7.6 mile/h Auto-Shift Transmission - With Lock-Up Torque Converter - Optional: Forward - 5th 14 mile/h Front Counterweight - Counterweights - Option 2 1015 lb
- Adjustable auxiliary controls, backhoe loader
- Air cleaner
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Audible system fault alarm
- Automatic Engine Speed Control (AESC)
- Battery, maintenance-free, 880 CCA
- Battery disconnect switch
- Battery remote jumpstart
- Boom transport lock
- Brace, lift cylinder
- Brake, secondary parking
- Brakes, hydraulically boosted, oil disc, dual pedals, interlocking
- Bucket level indicator
- Canopy, ROPS/FOPS
- Cat cushion swing system
- Coat restraint
- Coolant/antifreeze, extended life
- Counterweight, bumper
- Dome light (cab only)
- Diagnostic port for engine, machine and gauge cluster Electronic Control Modules
- Differential lock, loader joystick
- Engine, Cat C4.4 ACERT (Direct Injection Turbocharged), meets Tier 4 Final emission standards, selective catalyst reduction, diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC)
- Engine enclosure, sound suppression removal panels
- Face seals, O-ring
- Fan, suction and guard
- Fast reversing shuttle, all gears
- Fenders, rear
- Filters, spin-on: fuel, engine oil, transmission oil, water separator
- Filters, bowl and cartridge: hydraulic fluid
- Flashing hazards/signal lights
- Floor mat
- Four Wheel Drive
- Fuel tank, fully enclosed
- Fully hinged front grill for cooling package cleaning access
- Gauge cluster: coolant temperature, fuel level, torque converter temperature, DEF level
- Ground level fuel fill and DEF fill
- High ambient cooling package
- Hood lock, inside cab
- Hydraulic hose, XT™
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Hydraulic oil level sight gauge
- Hydraulic valve, hydrostatic steering
- Hydraulic valves, loader 2 function
- Hydraulic valves, backhoe 5 function
- Hydraulics, load sensing with variable displacement piston pump
- Indicator lights: Eco mode active, water in fuel, remote dial throttle active, engine warning, warning lamp, emissions module malfunction, AESC active, low battery/charging system warning, high hydraulic oil temperature; LCD warnings: engine oil pressure, machine locked (if equipped), service due, air filter blocked, high coolant temperature, auto idle shutdown, high torque converter temperature, hydraulic filter bypass
- Instrument panel lights
- Joystick controls: pilot operated, excavator-style with pattern changer
- Key start/stop system
- LCD screen: engine speed, hour meter, gear/direction, battery voltage, hydraulic oil temperature, torque converter temperature, coolant temperature, trip totals (fuel and hours), lifetime totals (fuel and hours), operator settings (units, brightness, programmable hoe auxiliary flow), service mode diagnostics, oil life reset, DPF force regeneration, maintenance intervals, ECM/system info
- Lights, working (4 front, 4 rear)
- Loader, self-leveling, return-to-dig and transmission disconnect switch
- Loader, single tilt
- Mirror, rearview
- One-touch low idle
- Open circuit breather
- Pattern changer, in cab
- Power receptacle, 12 volt, 2 internal, 1 external
- Power steering, hydrostatic
- Radio ready cab
- Seat belt, retractable, 51 mm (2 in)
- Socket, two roof
- Stabilizer shoes, street
- Steering knob
- Seat, air suspension, fabric or vinyl cover, with armrest
- Starting system, glow plugs
- Steering, hydrostatic
- Storage compartment, lockable
- Storage tray
- Stop and tail lights
- Swing transport lock
- Tilt steering wheel
- Toolbox, external, lockable
- Torque converter
- Throttle, hand and foot, electronic
- Transmission, four speed, syncromesh
- Transmission neutralizer switch
- Transport tie-downs
- Vandalism locks, four
- Warning horn, electric
- Battery, additional, 880 CCA
- Cab, deluxe
- Cold weather fuel (–30° C/–22° F)
- Cold weather package, including additional battery, engine block heater, radiator antifreeze, cold weather fuel (–30° C/–22° F) and mounting for an ether bottle
- Counterweights, 115 kg (255 lb), 240 kg (530 lb) or 460 kg (1,015 lb)
- Fenders, front with integral steps
- Guard, boom protection plate
- Guard, stabilizer, rock
- Hydraulic valves, loader (3rd valve for GP, MP or Quick Coupler)
- Hydraulic valves, backhoe 6 function
- Hydraulic lines, combined function auxiliary
- Loader, IT with Quick Coupler and pilot loader control
- Product Link, satellite, PL631E
- Product Link, cellular, PL641I
- Quick Coupler, hydraulic, dual lock
- Quick Coupler, manual, dual lock
- Quick Coupler, pin lock
- Radio and CD player
- Radio and CD player, Bluetooth
- Ride Control
- Rotating beacon, magnetic mount
- Seat belt, 75 mm (3 in)
- Seat, heated
- Security system keypad
- Stabilizer pads, reversible
- Stick, extendible
- Storage box
- Transmission, AutoShift
- Transmission, AutoShift with lock-up torque converter
- Vandalism protection, gauge cover
- Work Tool Attachments such as buckets, forks, material handling arms, augers, hammers, brooms, cold planers and vibratory plate compactors. See your Cat dealer for more information.
- Adjustable auxiliary controls, backhoe loader