If you’re looking for a solid, life long career that will earn you a great paycheck, becoming a Diesel Technician and Heavy Equipment Technician could be the right choice for you.
If you have an aptitude for repairs and up to two years to invest in your future, Yancey Bros. Co., “The Nation’s Oldest Cat® Dealer”, has an Apprenticeship Program that will give you exactly what you’re looking for – the knowledge and hands-on experience on the job, repairing Cat and non-Cat equipment, in the shop and out in the field.
What Will the Apprenticeship Program Do for Me?
1. Through standardized procedures, you’ll go from an entry-level apprentice to a qualified equipment Technician.
2. The program will build your technical confidence through a comprehensive program of academic and performance orientated training.
3. You will gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of how things work and begin to create an understanding of logical troubleshooting and the methodology of performing timely and correct repairs.
4. A comprehensive tool set / tool box will be provided for use during the apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the program, and two additional years of employment as a Technician, the tools and tool box become yours!
5. Your technical training will progress in a sensible order that builds on previous experiences and takes no longer than two years to complete.
How do I become an Apprentice Technician?
Visit our Career Search page for available positions. Experience from high school automotive, military training, college or trade school diesel technician classes is preferred, but all are welcome to apply! Letters of recommendation from teachers, officers, employers, professors and Instructors are highly recommended.
You will be asked to complete several mechanical aptitude assessments. If these assessments indicate a strong aptitude, you’ll be spending the next two years learning how to be a Caterpillar Diesel Mechanic / Heavy Equipment Technician!
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent, or be a high school Senior on-track to graduate.
• Meet Yancey employment requirements. All mechanical testing, background checks, driving record checks and drug screening will be conducted.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to learn.
• Possess the required technical aptitude to become a Technician.
All entry level apprentices will earn a base wage of $12.50 per hour. Additional experience and skills may warrant a higher base wage. Apprentices will have the possibility of a merit increase at six month intervals, if all identified benchmarks are met. At completion of program apprentice will be at $16.00 per hour. Apprentices will also be issued a tool box with basic hand tools at the beginning of the program.